Monday, April 1, 2013

Cheers to a Happy, Healthy April

 
April has arrived!

I may be partially biased but I believe April to be, hands down, the best month of the year. Not only is it the month of both my birthday and Earth Day, the weather down here in South Carolina is absolutely perfect this month- not too hot, no longer cold, hello skirts and sundresses.

Bikini season is just around the corner and now is the best time to start working on getting those abs peeking through the "winter layer" and those arms nice and toned. I did a fair share of indulging this past weekend (Easter mimosas and bloody mary's, Reese's eggs, oh yeah and an improptu viewing of the Chippendales) so I'm taking today to get myself back in gear. This week I will receive my first share of produce from the local CSA I signed up for, so I will be posting weekly recipes using fresh, seasonal produce. I have also been slacking a bit in the fitness department, so I've come up with a list of goals for this month.

April Fitness Plan

Weight training 3-4 times per week
Running/ cardio 3 times per week
Yoga 1-2 times per week

I usually find it a lot easier to clean up my diet in the Spring when there's an abundance of fresh veggies, and running outside is so much more appealing when it's not so cold that I spend the whole time blowing snot rockets (classy, I know). So hopefully with a consistent exercise routine and cleaner eating I'll be in bathing suit shape in no time. Happy, healthy April everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Refined Hippie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger

^