Saturday, August 4, 2012

Banana Nut Bread

I'm really not much of a baker- cooking is my more thing. A good 70% of my baking attempt are total flops. However, I needed to do something with our overripe bananas that were quickly en route to the garbage can, so yesterday I whipped up a loaf of banana nut bread. This bread (which is really more like cake) is by far the biggest success I've experienced in the world of baked goods. It's perfectly moist and just the right amount of sweet. I used this recipe, but doubled the amount of chopped walnuts (what can I say?... I like it nutty!) and substituted pure stevia for splenda. 

 

The best thing about this recipe is that it's not even all that bad for you! The use of plain yogurt and mashed bananas are what make it so moist, and when you use calorie-free stevia extract, it's less than 200 calories per serving. The ultimate non-guilty pleasure.

 

I enjoyed a warm piece of bread, fresh out of the oven, topped with some creamed cinnamon honey that we picked up from a local winery on the way back from Walkins Glen on Thursday. My taste buds probably think they died and went to heaven.


  

1 comment:

The Refined Hippie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger

^