Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Let's all give a loud and proud shout-out to America the Beautiful on her (his?) birthday. Here are a few things you can and should do on this holiday.
1. Sip a bloody mary. Or a brewski from a local brewery. Find one that's close by entering your zip code on craftbeer.com.
2. Bake something with fresh, locally picked berries. This morning I made this incredible baked oatmeal, courtesy of Heidi Swanson.
3. DIY a pair of American-inspired cutoff shorts, like these featured on Free People's BLDG 25 blog.
4. Soak up some sunshine. But make sure to protect yourself with sunscreen! Try out this all-natural eco-friendly sunscreen made by Badger.
5. Wear something totally over-the-top, gaudy, and outrageous. I mean, this is America. Perhaps these American flag sandals by American Apparel. Even better, find something manufactured right here in the U.S.