Tuesday, July 3, 2012

summer snapshots

To me, summer is all about exploring the outdoors, eating great, fresh, seasonal food, and taking time to rejuvenate and recharge. I had a fun, relaxing weekend with my friends and family. My mom and I went to a paint-your-own-pottery place on Sunday and spent a couple hours letting our creative juices flow. My mom's creative juices are, truthfully, more at the pace of molasses than... let's say... apple juice, but hey we had a great time and I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Today my dad, brother, and I drove up to a place called Chimney Bluffs on Lake Ontario for a lakeside hike. We had lunch at a waterfront restaurant and then made a pit-stop at a u-pick farm on the way home. As i always say, food tastes much better when you had to work for it. Which is why I love coming up with dishes that use local, fresh ingredients- and if you're the one that did the picking then that's even better!

On last weekend's menu:
Peach frozen yogurt using my new Cuisinart ice cream maker :)

Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans out there!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Refined Hippie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger

^