Sunday, April 15, 2012

{hippy eats} avocado egg salad sandwich


As a child, egg salad sandwiches were pretty much a staple in my diet.  My mom made a big batch of it for me a couple of times a month and it was one of my favorite lunches. I haven't had an egg salad sandwich in years, mostly because the mayonnaise in it gives it a bad rap. For some reason I've been craving a good egg salad sandwich so I decided to give it a healthy revamp. I used a small amount of mayonnaise and then added avocado to the mix. Not only is it healthier than the traditional recipe, it tastes ten times better too.  In case you're clueless as to how to hard boil eggs {...not me of course} this article tells you how to make "perfect hard boiled eggs."

What you need:
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 Tbsp vegenaise
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • salt
After hard boiling your eggs, peel the shells and mash with a fork. Add the avocado and mayonnaise and mash in with the eggs. Add the paprika and salt to taste. Enjoy with 2 pieces of multigrain toast.

1 comment:

  1. this is a wonderful little recipe! living here in norway the food options are so bland, but we eat a lot of sandwiches... so new creations are ALWAYS welcome so i can mix it up a little!

    ReplyDelete

The Refined Hippie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger

^