Tuesday, April 24, 2012

note from dad


My Dad wrote this to me in my birthday card this year. Sometimes his words of advice seems like no-brainers, but he has a way of reminding me of oft-forgotten things in a simply stated manner. Sometimes you find yourself wrapped up in your hectic schedule and busy thoughts and these simple notions can start to wander astray. Whereas independence and self-reliance are incredibly important in life, having friends that you both need and rely on is even more important. That is something that I've had to learn to balance out- while I'm a very friendly person, I'm also discernibly independent and introspective. These past few years I've realized who my true friends are and I know, without question, which people will still be in my life 10, 20, 50 years from now. Our lives are going to go through a lot of changes and it's not always going to be as easy to stay in touch, but it's something that you need to do. As for giving up on my dreams, that's something I'm confident I will never need reminding of. But it's good to know my Dad's got my back. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Refined Hippie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger

^